Client Service Specialist
Baer Wealth Management (BWM) was originally founded in 2000 as a family-owned and operated, boutique Registered Investment Advisory firm (RIA). Now in its second generation, BWM focuses on providing wealth management services to successful professionals and their families. As a fiduciary, BWM’s mission is to understand, advise and deliver the financial objectives of its clients in a manner consistent with the exceptional client service standard for which it is known.
The Client Service Specialist acts as a representative of Baer Wealth Management displaying exemplary work ethic and providing the highest level of care to all clients, guests, and team members. This position is the primary interface for client relationships and performs a wide range of customer service and office operational responsibilities. The Client Service Specialist brings positive energy and passion to all client interactions, maximizing the client experience and ultimately helping clients to realize their goals and dreams. This position reports directly to the Lead Advisor.
As a small firm, we operate with a team-based approach. As such, the right candidate will be part of a service team comprised of a Senior Advisor, Lead Advisor and you, the Client Service Specialist. While each role must be effectively executed on a day-to-day basis, every member must remain keenly aware that it may be necessary to “cross boundaries”, to ensure client needs are met.
In addition to direct client interaction, the Client Service Specialist will act to manage indirect client support and back-office operations. This critical aspect of the role ensures scheduled and unscheduled client interfaces run smoothly and with purpose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In the Area of Client Services:
- Deliver superior operational support by serving as the liaison between the team and client as needed;
- Proactively communicate with clients, verbally and in writing, regarding scheduled meetings and open tasks;
- Work within a defined system where client contact is made on a scheduled, proactive basis
- Facilitate processing of client applications from the initial application package through completion/execution with account custodians;
- Generate correspondence and client documents, including spreadsheets and reports, as needed in preparation for presentation to clients
In the Area of Indirect Client Support:
- Maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) and other Client-based databases and mailing lists
- Interface with third party service providers and vendors….seamless and flawless execution of client requests
- Create and maintain client-facing marketing materials (web-site, newsletters, presentations, etc.)
- Support Advisors in preparation, execution, summarization and follow-up
In the Area of Office Administration:
- Develop, document and maintain client relations management blueprints
- Manage the reception area including answering phones, directing calls and greeting guests & firm family members
- Organize and maintain client files including converting hard files to digital
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of Process Blueprinting.
- Assist with/support building and office management, (supplies, phone system….)
Compensation and Time Commitment
- $51,000, annually; or commensurate with experience;
- Full-time, salaried position;
- Monday through Friday covering core hours of 9:00am until 4:00pm
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in an administrative support role in the financial services industry
- Para-planner designation would be fabulous but not required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Thrive in Team-based culture while simultaneously being self-directed and independent
- Spirit to serve; detailed, flexible, proactive, reliable, genuine concern for client satisfaction
- Excellent follow-through and communication to team members regarding status of open items
- Ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously and respond quickly
Personal and Interpersonal
- Adhere to strict standard of confidentiality and discretion of all client information in a heavily regulated industry
- Committed to strong values and upholding the highest ethical behavior
- Ability to project a professional image of self and Baer Wealth to clients, prospects, and other third parties
- Work well under pressure and willing to contribute to the wider strategic picture
- Capable of developing partnerships with internal team members and external organizations with clarity, flexibility, and sensitivity
- Collaborative, able to work with and through others
Job Activities Include (but are not limited to)
- Proactive communication with clients, verbally and in writing
- Coordinate, schedule, confirm and organize meetings
- Compose and generate correspondence and client documents, including spreadsheets and reports
- Manage client files and information
- Prepare account paperwork for opening new accounts and/or account modifications
- Support non-custodial applications (life insurance applications, annuity applications and transfers, etc.)
- Set up and manage client access to custodian and BWM client portals
- Troubleshoot Client issues, as needed
Indirect Client Support:
- Manage Client Relationship Management (CRM) and other Client-based databases and mailing lists
- Prepare client reports, submit and follow up on necessary paperwork, regularly update database
- Organize client provided/executed document in client folders; downloading executed forms from Docusign and Dropbox
- Prepare conference room for meetings (check operation of monitor for casting; note-pads, pens, beverages, etc.)
- Manage special contacts for Clients’ events (birthdays, anniversary, births, new home purch, etc.)
- Assist with mass-Client communications
- Answer phones
- Receive, sort and distribute mail
- Inventory and replenish office supplies
- Coordinate office maintenance (janitorial)
- Liaise with office Condo-Owners Association (HOA)
- Manage office services and memberships (phone, internet, utilities, Chamber of Commerce, etc.)
- Track firm and advisor “due dates” for licenses, regulatory filings and tax filings.