Do you or your clients struggle to say “no” to tempting strategic initiatives that pull your organization in different directions? Would you (or your team) wish you had clearer criteria on which strategic initiatives not to pursue? If so: this workshop is for you.
At the end of this interactive workshop you will:
– Understand how a clear Core Purpose can help your company grow faster and with less pain.
– Have a first draft of your company’s Core Purpose, and have a methodology to keep improving on it.
Your company’s Core Purpose (sometimes called “Mission Statement” or “Your Why”) is the organization’s fundamental reason for being. As a reference point to make strategic decisions it makes it easier to decide which business opportunities not to pursue.
Why do you need to clarify your Core Purpose?
– Increased employee engagement: a Core Purpose connects the team to something that is bigger than themselves, a shared vision, a rallying cry; it aligns the team. When that happens, you get much more out of people.
– Clearer strategy: It makes it easier to decide which strategic initiatives not to pursue, as it provides decision-making discipline.
– Sanity: it can help keep toxic thinking and corruption at bay, because it defines a higher purpose beyond profit.