Help & Support
Last Revised: September 14th, 2021
We recognize the importance of protecting the personal information you provide at the website exitplanningexchange.com (the “Site”) owned and/or controlled by XPX Global LLC in collaboration with non-profit Chapter organization licensees in various locations (“XPX”). We want our Users to be aware of any information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. This policy applies solely to information collected on the Site.
The Kinds of Data We Collect
We collect different kinds of data from three general categories of people who use our site (“Users”):
- Contacts – Web Visitors have the option to sign up for our email lists in order to receive correspondence from XPX and/or our local Chapters. Guests at XPX events are also added to our email list. All Contacts have a simple User Profile in our system that may be accessed and edited by the Contact at any time.
- Members – Prospective and existing XPX Members fill out a more extensive on-line User Profile that serves as a membership application in order to join our organization consistent with our membership terms. Members also have the option of sharing content on the Site.
How We Use This Data
We use our email lists to notify subscribers of upcoming events and/or about news related to XPX. We occasionally use the information for informational or marketing messages that have been approved by XPX together with other communications to which you have subscribed. We occasionally share User emails addresses with partners for very specific research (such as surveys to Users) or member outreach that our partners conduct on our behalf.
Information we collect on the Site is used for internal review and archived for historical comparison, used to improve the content of the Site, and never shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. We send personally identifiable information about you (other than email) to other companies or people only:
- When we have your consent to share the information;
- It is appropriate to comply with the law;
- It is necessary to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of our Terms and other applicable agreements; or
- It is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of XPX, our Users, or others, which may include the exchange of information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
- In the event that XPX is acquired, User account information may be one of the transferred assets.
User Content posted on the Site, including the member directories and the Owners’ Academy, can be accessed by other people. You should exercise caution when deciding to share information on the Site. We cannot control who accesses User Content or how other parties will use that information.
The Site uses web analytics software to help us analyze how Users use the Site. We use this information solely for the purpose of evaluating general usage of the Site, by compiling reports on Site activity and related internet usage. This information may be transferred to trusted third parties, processing this information on our behalf, and who handle that information securely and confidentially, consistent with our privacy and security policies. By using this Site, you consent to the processing of this web activity in the manner and for the purposes set out above. No personal information is cross referenced in these reports and the information reported is aggregate in nature.
Members and Contacts have the ability to update or change their User Profiles at any time (see the Help section on our Site for tips on how to log in and make changes). Contact User Profiles are never public, although Contacts sometimes have the option to display their names as an attendee at an XPX event.
We have a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by clicking unsubscribe in any email or adjusting your User Profile to change what kind of communications we send to you. Please note that this policy does not apply to member-related correspondence to existing members.
Certain Member Profile information is public in our directories by default. Members have the ability to control these settings and/or publish content on the site. Members have the option of changing their Profile settings for each data field. You can control this by checking the appropriate box next to each field in your User Profile.
XPX retains the data we collect for management reporting subject to the following limitations:
- Users can access and edit their profiles at any time
- Users can opt-out from emails at any time
- Users can request that we export and provide all data related to them in our system
- Users can request that XPX delete all data related to them in our system
- XPX will notify Users owners within 72 hours in the case of a data breach
XPX maintains a Register of Systems we use including third party services we use for infrastructure, reporting, analytics, billing and customer service. It is our obligation to ensure that the processing of data on our behalf is also GDPR compliant.
XPX uses reputable third party processors for payments by credit card and does not maintain credit card information. Data handled by the third party processors is subject to their terms and privacy policies. Personally identifiable User information is used to process payment transactions on your behalf, communicate status of payments and related transactions, and for no other purpose.
We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
Our data processing occurs primarily in the United States. Data for contacts in the United Kingdom is sometimes managed in that country.
Make XPX Part of Your Business Plans
Help & Support
© 2023 XPX Global LLC. All Rights Reserved.